Friday 21 May 2010

Hunting green at Steyning


I need Green Hairstreak photos so I tried Steyning Rifle Range today. There was plenty of life around but the butterfly remained elusive until lunchtime. I was halfway through my sandwiches when a Greenie landed in front of me. I grabbed the camera and set off in pursuit but lost it.
Buttercup and Common bird's-foot-trefoil with Germander Speedwell
There were plenty of insects and flowers to keep the lens working.
 Bumble bee and Bloody-nosed beetle
 Lesser celandine and Red campion
Cinnabar and Burnet companion moths
Apple blossom and Bugle with Grizzled skipper
Weevil and Bluebottle
Yellow dead nettle and Red campion
Other butterflies seen today were Brimstones, Peacock, Orange Tip, Dingy Skippers, Ssmall Whites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.