Monday 19 September 2011

Chantry Hill Painted Lady

Painted Lady
I'm catching up on blogs following a hectic week and I'm missing my super fast pc which is waiting for a new hard drive from HP.
On Thursday, following a report of a Clouded Yellow at Chantry Hill, I headed there and met up with Mark, who was chasing the same butterfly. We never saw it, but Mark found a Painted Lady, unfortunately it had a chunk out of a wing, but it was good to see my second one of the year.

I remarked that I had never seen so many tiny flies and Mark informed me they were tiny beetles and caught one to show me. 
Later note: Mark has now identified it as a dung beetle, Aphodius contaminatus


Small White

Red Admiral on Devil's-bit Scabius

Painted Lady
Wheatear
 View to the north
Devils-bit Scabius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.