Sunday 26 May 2013

Adonis Blues emerge at Mill Hill

Adonis Blue, Lysandra bellargus
Lumix FZ45
On Thursday I did my transect at Mill Hill on a windy, cool morning. Fortunately I had just finished when black clouds started dumping their load. I found a Large White and a Small Heath on the upper slopes and a brown adder by the steps on the path to the lower slope. The bottom of the hill gave me an Adonis Blue, 3 Dingy Skipper and 2 Small Heath. A Chaffinch proclaimed his territory from the tallest bush.
Adder, Vipera berus
Nikon D90, Sigma 180mm macro lens
It was basking when I saw it, by the time I had the camera ready this was my best view!

Adonis Blue, Lysandra bellargus
Nikon D90, Sigma 180mm macro lens
Adonis Blue, Lysandra bellargus
Nikon D90, Sigma 180mm macro lens
Chaffinch, Fringilla coelebs
Nikon D90, Sigma 180mm macro lens
Dingy Skipper, Erynnis tages
Nikon D90, Sigma 180mm macro lens
Dingy Skipper, Erynnis tages
Nikon D90, Sigma 180mm macro lens
Canon G9
Canon G9
Lumix FZ45

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.