Saturday 2 May 2015

Crab spiders and an Orange-tip egg

male Early Mining Bee, Andrena haemorrhoa
to view a gallery with more photos, click here
A trip to Rewell Wood yesterday afternoon gave me two Crab Spiders with hoverflies. They were the colour of the Wood Spurge, such camouflage. In both cases I saw the hoverfly first and only spotted the crab spider when I checked why the fly was immobile. I inspected the only patch of Cuckoo Flowers and the tallest of the three had an Orange-tip egg attached. I heard my first Cuckoo of the year.
Early Mining Bee
beetle - id needed
Plant bug, Stenodema species
Crab Spider, Misumena vatia with Hoverfly, Syrphus ribesii

Dance fly, Empis tessellata
Fly, Meiosimyza species
female Green Longhorn moth, Adela reaumurella

male Green Longhorn
Hairy Shieldbug, Dolycoris baccarum
Orange-tip egg, Anthocharis cardamines

Arundel WWT car park:
Garlic Mustard, Alliaria petiolata
Strawberry Blossom Weevil, Anthonomus rubi on Garlic Mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.