Friday 25 January 2013

Gold and Fiery Crests

Firecrest, Regulus ignicapillus
This afternoon I answered the call of the wild again and headed for Arundel. At Swanbourne Lake I met Neil Hulme and Mike Dilger, who was due to conduct a walk and a talk later at the Arundel WWT as part of a countrywide tour of WWT sites. I spotted  a Wren by the river, then a Long-tailed Tit and Neil spotted a Treecreeper. Later I was fortunate to see two Goldcrests feeding among the leaf litter, and then a Firecrest. These beautiful tiny birds were a first for me, so I was very pleased with the visit.


Firecrest, Regulus ignicapillus 
Goldcrest, Regulus regulus
Goldcrest, Regulus regulus 
Goldcrest, Regulus regulus 
Goldcrest, Regulus regulus
Goldcrest, Regulus regulus
You looking at me?
Muscovy Duck, Cairina moschata
female Muscovy Duck, Cairina moschata

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.