Wednesday 22 June 2022

Small China-mark at Arundel WWT

Small China-mark, Cataclysta lemnata


Yesterday afternoon I visited Arundel WWT. I hoped to see a Small China-mark moth which I have only seen once before on the reed bed walk. This time I photographed two, one at each end of the walkway. They are only visible when flying and can only be photographed when they land on a reed right by the walkway.

Alder Leaf Beetles mating, Agelastica alni

Amber Snail, Succinea putris

Bird's-foot Trefoil, Lotus corniculatus

Bird's-foot Trefoil
Blue-tailed Damselflies mating, Ischnura elegans

Common Reed, Phragmites australis (habitat of the Small China-mark)

Green-veined White, Pieris napi 

Harlequin Ladybird larva, Harmonia axyridis

Harlequin Ladybird pupa

Hedge Bindweed, Calystegia sepium

Honey Bees, Apis mellifera and a wasp

Purple Loosestrife, Lythrum salicaria

Red Campion, Silene dioica

Small China-mark, Cataclysta lemnata

Valerian, Valeriana officinalis 

Water Forget-me-not, Myosotis scorpioides 

Water Forget-me-not

White Water Lily, Nymphaea alba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.