Tuesday 15 March 2011

A partridge but no pear tree

As there was a sunny blue sky this morning I returned alone to the Arun at Warningcamp. I missed a good Yellowhammer shot as I found the auto setting does not give me autofocus on the central point, lesson learnt. Plenty of birds singing for their territory, especially robins. One in particular headed for the highest branch and sang defiantly. The best came at the end when a Red-legged Partridge disappeared into a hedgerow. I met a huge golden retriever-like dog which I was told was a Bergen, a German dog.







Black-headed gull



Red-legged Partridge
Lesser Celandine, Ranunculus ficaria

2 comments:

  1. Sheila (cousin!)17 March 2011 at 20:12

    Love the picture of the robin - it's a pity that they are not as sweet as they seem in photos - they often scare the other small birds away from
    our bird feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Sheila, this robin was bursting with song. They are certainly very bold, I can imagine them seeing off the other birds.

    ReplyDelete

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.