Monday 29 December 2014

A walk along Porter Brook in the snow

Dipper, Cinclus cinclus
Yesterday morning I accompanied Nute and Ollie to Endcliffe Park and checked the Porter Brook for Dippers. We crossed into Whitely Woods park where Nute took Ollie to Bingham Park and I continued along Porter Brook. I found the ringed Dipper again and a Redwing feeding on holly berries.  On the next leg leading to Forge Dam I found another Dipper. I met a couple who showed me photos of a Kingfisher at the top pond in Endcliffe Park. They advised that Redwings were feeding on the holly berries there. 
  In the afternoon I took Nute and Ken to A&E following some worrying signs and symptoms with Ken. He has been kept in overnight following a scan and we will find out the results today, but they think it is a minor stroke.
  I set up the camera and flash again and remotely took more photos by the feeder.
Endcliffe Park
Endcliffe Park
Nute and Ollie

legs & co

Where I photographed a Dipper feeding Saturday

female Blackbird
Dipper, Cinclus cinclus
Dipper in flight



Grey Wagtail, Motacilla cinerea
Redwing, Turdus iliacus
Woodpigeon, Columba palumbus
Wren, Troglodytes troglodytes
Porter Brook
male Blackbird, Turdus merula
Dipper, Cinclus cinclus









Porter Brook

Endcliffe Park

Shepherd Wheel:





Blue Tit, Cyanistes caeruleus
Bullfinch, female, Pyrrhula pyrrhula
Dunnock, Prunella modularis
Great Tit, Parus major

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.