Thursday 30 January 2014

Australian Shelduck and Bewicks

Bewick's Swan, Cygnus columbianus
On Tuesday I took Sue to Arundel WWT for lunch on a morning that had some promising light. I managed to benefit from 50 minutes of sunshine before the rain set in. I enjoyed the Bewick family which swam near the path. The most exciting sighting was the Australian Shelduck which had settled on the island in front of the viewing centre. I saw one Boxing Day, probably the same individual. While I was photographing it through the glass, Sue spotted a Grey Wagtail feeding along the water’s edge.
view through the glass
Australian Shelduck, Tadorna tadornoides
Australian Shelduck, Tadorna tadornoides

Bewick cygnet, Cygnus columbianus
Bewick's Swan, Cygnus columbianus
Cormorants, Phalacrocorax carbo
Grey Wagtail, Motacilla cinerea
Lapwing (Peewit), Vanellus vanellus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.