Tuesday 31 August 2010

Chantry Hill and Springhead

This morning I decided to search for Silver-spotted Skippers. It’s getting a bit late but I visited Chantry Hill, north of Arundel. I found the tumuli and a warm bowl which should have been ideal for them but found none. There were plenty of Small Heaths and Argus Browns, a Red Admiral and a Brimstone. I then went on to Kithurst Hill car park and the meadow there gave me Adonis Blues, Argus Browns, Common Blues, Speckled Woods, Large and Small Whites and Brimstones. There were some impressive clouds and views from the Chantry Hill.
Small Heath
Storrington from Chantry Hill
view from Tumuli


Striped Wainscot moth
Brown Argus


Argus Brown
worn Common Blue
Pheasant
Adonis Blues



Speckled Wood
 Brown Argus






more to follow...














2 comments:

  1. I still can't get over the beautiful colours your wild butterflies have! Great pics as usual! Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline, sadly the butterfly year is coming to an end this month.

    ReplyDelete

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.