Sunday 21 April 2013

A Glossy Ibis and a Gadwall

Wood Anemone, Anemone nemorosa 

This morning I visited Angmering Woods but didn’t see any Orange-tips. They had been on the wing for three weeks by this time last year. I saw six Peacock butterflies, a Blackcap, Great Tit, Buzzard and heard a Woodpecker and Chiffchaffs. There were plenty of Lesser Celandines, Wood Anemones and Primroses in flower.  Later I returned to Warningcamp and found the Glossy Ibis again. I used a manual 2x extender on my 300mm with 1.4 extender to see if this would give me a better photo. There was also a Gadwall in the field.
Gadwall, Anas strepera
Glossy Ibis, Plegadis falcinellus
Lesser Celandine, Ranunculus ficaria
Primrose, Primula vulgaris
Primrose, Primula vulgaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.