Tuesday 12 April 2011

Adderation

Dingy Skipper
This morning I returned to Mill Hill for more adder activity. I was fortunate to once again witness the behaviours I had seen yesterday - two male black adders performing a dominance 'dance' and two adders mating. I was also able to confirm that there are at least five adders moving along the bottom of the hill - two black, two white and a brown. Every time I walked along the bottom of the hill I saw at least one adder working its way along the shrub line. Grizzled and Dingy Skippers, Peacocks, Brimstones and Whites were also out. 
movie of two male black adders performing a dominance 'dance'





movie of black adder moving



Dingy Skipper
Pyrausta nigrata moth
brown female and black male mating

movie of these adders mating




Dingy Skipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.