Saturday 16 February 2013

Snow Bunting at Goring Gap

Snow Bunting, Plectrophenax nivalis
Today I attended the 24th Sussex Biological Recorders' Seminar at the Adastra Hall, Hassocks. A brilliant event with expert speakers covering a complete range of biological topics from lichens to ladybirds. I will give further details when I have time tomorrow. Next year's event, February 15, is in the calendar. On the way there and back I stopped at Goring Gap to see the famous Snow Bunting which has been resident on the beach for many days. The late afternoon light was perfect and for ten minutes I squeezed off several hundred shots - no other photographers present - wonderful!




2 comments:

  1. After seeing your excellent photos, I took a trip to Waltham to see the Barn Owls. Had a fantastic time- there were at least three of them out hunting in the late afternoon sunshine. Many thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Paul, it is great to know I have been able to inspire a fellow enthusiast to share this wonderful experience. I hope the Snow Bunting turns up again - it went AWOL yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.