Friday 15 February 2013

Fisher, Patch and Woody

Kingfisher, Alcedo atthis
Yesterday there was a blue sky so I visited Arundel  again I and found an adult Water Vole with a white patch on its face. Perhaps this is an old vole.
A visit to Arundel WWT was very fruitful as I was able to get much closer to a Kingfisher near the Sand Martin Hide. I finally spotted the Great Spotted Woodpecker  which I have heard many times before by the Nuthatch Hide.
I revisited Waltham Brooks and saw two Barn Owls again but neither came close. A final visit to Mill Road gave me a different adult Water Vole and a juvenile in Patch’s area. They ate their salads about a metre apart. The juvenile sat on a branch of a bush in the middle of the rife and plopped into the water, causing the adult to take fright and do its own plop.

















Waltham Brooks:


Barn Owl, Tyto alba





Arundel WWT:
Blue tit, Cyanistes caeruleus
Coot, Fulica atra
Kingfisher, Alcedo atthis
Great spotted Woodpecker, Dendrocopos major
Long-tailed tit, Aegithalos caudatus
Mute Swan, Cygnus olor
male Harlequin Duck, Histrionicus histrionicus

female Harlequin Duck, Histrionicus histrionicus

Shelduck, Tadorna tadorna
Mill Road:
Adult Water Vole






juvenile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.