Sunday 24 October 2010

Pagham Harbour explored

 
To view Slideshow, click this photo, then choose Fullscreen (top right) then Fast (top left)

Another wonderful Autumn blue sky gave me the perfect excuse to visit Pagham Harbour Nature Reserve for the first time. The reserve is superb and there were plenty of birds to see. The tide was coming in when I arrived, I was able to use the path by the water’s edge on the walk round to the visitor centre, but by the time I returned I had to use the main path. I saw the following 12 species: Swan, Little Grebe, Redshank, Brent Goose, Turnstone,Teal, Lapwing, Mallard, Wigeon, Cormorant, Grey Heron,  Little Egret.
 Redshank

Brent Geese above & below

Turnstones
Cormorants
Cygnet
Little Grebe
Redshank
male Teal
Redshank
female Teal
Redshank
Brent Geese
Lapwing / Peewit
Mallards


Visitor Centre
Wigeon
female & male Wigeon
Lapwing
The Lapwings flew over in flocks

Cormorant


Grey Heron
Little Egret above & below

1 comment:

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.