Thursday 9 September 2010

More Clouded Yellow at Mill Hill

male Clouded Yellow
The sun was shining so after the morning shopping I returned to Mill Hill to try for some close-ups of the Clouded Yellow. This time I saw two which came together in a dog fight four times. Neil advises me these are a male and female. I had to chase the male up and down the hill to catch it when it landed to nectar. It used many different flowering plant species it to feed. During  the afternoon I met Andy Horton who runs a nature site about Adur Valley Wildlife including Mill Hil
female Adonis Blue
male and female Adonis Blue on Carline Thistle
male Clouded Yellow above and below, all taken at 1600 ISO, 1/1000sec




proboscis in flower


wasp nest
Meadow Brown and Adonis Blues on Thistle
Kestrel
Common Century, Centaurium erythraea
Mill Hill looking east

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.