Friday 10 January 2014

Wildlife photo extravaganza

London Natural History Museum
On Tuesday evening Julia visited and on Wednesday I accompanied her to the Natural History Museum to see the annual Wildlife Photography Exhibition. As usual there was an excellent selection of wildlife photographs. The young photographer sections had enviable images and Animal Behaviour, one of my favourite sections, had some outstanding images. The winner of this section was awarded the overall winner's prize. In our opinion it shouldn't have won the section, much less the overall prize. There seems to be a requirement among arts judges to shock or arouse controversy, as happens regularly in this and the Turner Prize competition.
me and Julia outside the NHM
These were my choice of outstanding entries (click to view them):

Adults:

Young photographers:

My overall winner was Sockeye catch which Julia placed equal first.

part of the wonderful entrance
I used to travel to the NHM regularly on Saturdays via the Underground as an eleven year old and enjoyed all parts of this and the Science Museum. I think this is one of the most interesting buildings in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.