Monday 12 November 2012

Heyshott and a weekend in Suffolk

Feathered Thorn, Colotois pennaria
I arrived back home on Monday evening last week after an uneventful flight from The Maldives. On Wednesday I joined a work party at Heyshott Escarpment where the woodland clearance is progressing  fast. Tremendous progress has been made during the two weeks I have been away.
On Friday I drove to Suffolk where my metal detecting club had a weekend outing arranged. We stayed in a converted old barn and had a good weekend detecting. Some nice hammered coins were found and a lead seal which was judged to be the find of the weekend. The Feathered Thorn moth was on the window in the dining area.
Heyshott clearances:



Mark at work

Suffolk:
Alpacas
sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.