Saturday 16 August 2014

Mill Hill butterflies

Great Willowherb, Epilobium hirsutum
I have been confined to home since the last post due to illness. Antibiotics kicked in after 5 days and I am now recovering after nights of little sleep and considerable pain☺. Hopefully this is all behind me and Sue can stop being main carer. Fortunately we don’t seem to coincide with our medical problems. The worst thing about it was missing Richard and Jenny’s wedding in South Wales on Friday, which we had been looking forward to. Not too many chances to meet up with my side of the family these days.

Today I did my Mill Hill butterfly transect with the following results. 37 Adonis Blue, 2 Chalkhill Blue, 10 Common Blue, 16 Gatekeeper, 59 Meadow Brown, 1 Peacock, 3 Red Admiral, 2 Small Heath, 1 Small Tortoiseshell. Moths identified: Shaded Broad-bar, Treble-bar.
Black Snail Beetle, Silpha atrata
Great Willowherb, Epilobium hirsutum
Shaded Broad-bar, Scotopteryx chenopodiata
Small Heath, Coenonympha pamphilus
Treble-bar, Aplocera plagiata

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.