Friday 6 April 2012

Dingy Skippers and a Green Hairstreak at Mill Hill

Dingy Skipper, Erynnis tages
Today seemed a perfect day for a trip to Mill Hill. I parked next to Neil’s car and hurried down the hill knowing that if a Dingy Skipper was around then Neil would have bagged it. I was right! Not only that but he spotted a Green Hairstreak “on a mission”. I was able to locate several more Dingies and saw the little green fella dash past me and settle briefly on a leaf. Joaquim came along and showed me a photo of a Small Heath he had seen. I also saw many Grizzled Skippers, a Speckled Wood, a Green-veined White and a Peacock. Four adders and a green lizard completed a very satisfying afternoon.
Bee fly
Dingy Skipper, Erynnis tages
Dingy Skipper, Erynnis tages
Dingy Skipper, Erynnis tages
Green Hairstreak, Callophrys rubi
Grizzled Skipper, Pyrgus malvae
Grizzled Skipper, Pyrgus malvae
Grizzled Skippers, Pyrgus malvae
Peacock, Inachis io
Pyrausta nigrata moth
Spanish bluebell, Hyacinthoides hispanica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.