Thursday 4 November 2010

Mill Hill bin hunt

violet
To view Slideshow, click this photo, then choose Fullscreen (top right) then Fast (top left)

This morning I decided that an expedition was needed. I read on Facebook that Andy had lost a pair of binoculars at Mill Hill, so that was my destination. There was not a lot of wildlife to be seen, just rustlings in the bushes and tweets in the hedgerows. A kestrel obliged with hoverings overhead but even ‘he’ couldn’t see anything. Andy said he may have lost his bins round the area where the large patch of Musk Thistle grows. This is where I found them. I have arranged for him to collect them from a friend in Worthing next week. A satisfying conclusion to the morning. 
Musk Thistle also known as Nodding Thistle
looking east
south towards Lancing College
looking west
Kestrel
After lunch I wandered down to the beach. Same old suspects in a cold wind.
Great Black-backed Gull

Turnstone
Black-headed Gull
Turnstone
Oyster catcher
Three Oyster catchers, sand dunes on west bank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.