Saturday 15 May 2010

First Small Copper, a sad peacock and flowers aplenty


Cissbury Ring had my attention again today. There was a cold wind so I didn’t know what to expect in the way of butterflies. There sun came in and out so it showed promise.

I found my first Small Copper of the season.
I chose a different route up this time and found plenty of wild flowers in bloom.

I’ll get my newly acquired plant field guides and keys out when I’ve time and put names to these spring gems.
This Peacock has to be the saddest looking butterfly I have ever seen. He looks as though he has been beaten up by birds, butterflies, wind, rain and time.  It was great to see some active hives in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.