Monday 28 January 2013

Bearded Tits and Shelduck

Bearded Tit, Panurus biarmicus
I checked out the Goldcrest site by Swanbourne Lake early yesterday, then spent a couple of hours in the Sand Marten hide at Arundel WWT. The Kingfisher flashed over to our side of the lake twice but didn't come near the perching posts in front of the hide. I then headed to the Long Pool by the visitor centre at Pagham Harbour and found plenty of birders looking at five Bearded Tits. They were in the rushes on the far side of the pool, occasionally alighting in the front of the reeds to allow some shots. The wind was quite strong, so there were a  lot of waving reeds, making photography difficult. I was amazed to get some recognisable photos with my 300mm lens. I saw four tits at one time. A lot of Shelduck flew by.
Bearded Tit, Panurus biarmicus



Shelduck, Tadorna tadorna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.