Wednesday 17 October 2012

Yellow-horned Poppies and Oysters Catchers

Yellow horned Poppy, Glaucium flavum
Yesterday morning I restarted my swimming regime in preparation for next week’s Maldives trip. A cold hit me last Friday, and halted my pool visits. In the afternoon I strolled along the beach and found Yellow-horned Poppies and Mallow in flower. A flock of Oyster Catchers strutted their stuff on the shingle and ensured I didn’t encroach on their space, which appeared to be a generous fifty metres.
Carrion crow, Corvus corone
Carrion crow, Corvus corone
Cormorant, Phalacrocorax carbo
Oystercatchers, Haematopus ostralegus
happy hounds
looking west to the River Arun 
looking east
Mallow, Malva sylvestris
Mallow, Malva sylvestris
parasurfers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.