Tuesday 5 June 2018

Nest building wren and a dipper


Dipper, Cinclus cinclus
This is the last blog covering our Sheffield trip in April when I enjoyed daily walks along The Porter Brook where I watched a wren nest building, saw a pair of mating toads and 
found a dipper hunting. I also enjoyed a metal detecting rally in Derbyshire. I visited my brother Keith in York who was recovering well from a double bypass. We had a lovely lunch in a restaurant and enjoyed the ceramics exhibition in the York Art Gallery.
Common Toads mating, Bufo bufo

Wren nest building, Troglodytes troglodytes


Butterbur, Petasites hybridus

Coot on nest, Felica cornata
Dipper, Cinclus cinclus

Dipper hunting
Field Horsetail, Equisetum arvense

Mandarin Duck male, Aix galericulata

Mandarin Duck female



Marsh Marigold, Caltha palustris

Wren nest building

Derbyshire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.