Tuesday 27 March 2018

Ringed Plovers and March Moths

Barred Tooth-striped, Trichopteryx polycommata
Yesterday I was asked by a friend if I had seen any Ringed Plovers on the beach so I went in search of them. Fortunately a pair moved on the pebbles, which was the only way I could spot them.
 In the evening I joined Neil and Jonathan for the survey of Barred Tooth-striped moths at Mill Hill. I was pleased to find two new moths for my galleries - the March Moth (Alsophila aescularia) and the Dotted Border (Agriopis marginaria).
Ringed Plover, Charadrius hiaticula

Ringed Plover





Barred Tooth-striped, Trichopteryx polycommata

Dotted Border, Agriopis marginaria

March Moth, Alsophila aescularia

March Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.