Thursday 6 September 2012

Aramco reunion and a Comma emerges

my Comma, Polygonia c-album
On Tuesday Dorothy flew in from New Zealand and joined us at 8:30pm. On Wednesday morning another ex-Aramcon, Sue, joined us for lunch and we had a good reminisce about life in Saudi Arabia where we all spent many happy years. In the afternoon we took Dorothy to Swanbourne Lake and I did a circuit round the lake and found Red Admirals and a Small Tortoiseshell on Hemp Agrimony.
This morning I found a Comma by the orchids and realised it was the due date for the emergence frmo the pupa I collected on August 26. I saw it as a caterpillar on August 22, so it pupated 23 to 25th and spent 12-14 days as a pupa. We then took Dorothy to the station to begin  her European tour.
my Comma, Polygonia c-album
my Comma, Polygonia c-album
Swanbourne Lake:
Hart's tongue fern,
Asplenium scolopendrium
Meadow Brown, Maniola jurtina
Red Admiral, Vanessa atalanta
Small Tortoiseshell, Aglais urticae
Small Tortoiseshell, Aglais urticae




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.