Saturday 27 August 2011

Cissbury Roe Deer

Roe Deer
Yesterday morning the cloud cover kept me in, but after lunch it cleared so I visited Cissbury Ring for the first time in ages. I was rewarded with Small Coppers, Chalkhill Blues, Small Heaths, Meadow Browns, a Wall, Adonis Blues, Common Blues and Brown Argus. Finally, as I made my way through the north ditch by the wooded area I spotted a Roe Deer crossing the ditch in front of me. Then another stopped and looked my way. It made its way towards me on the other side of the ditch but the noise from my camera shutter disturbed it and it turned and fled, then made a great leap which I managed to capture.
Adonis Blue
Small Copper
Brown Argus
Small Copper and spider
The spider flees
take-off
Roe Deer
Chalkhill Blue
Adonis Blue
huge Bracket Fungus
Adonis Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select 'Name/URL' from 'Comment as' drop down box and add your name, thanks.